You have probably heard of Writing Prompts. If not, then you definitely have felt the need for them before writing an article, essay or rant. A writing prompt is simply a topic around which you start jotting down ideas. The prompt could be a single word, a short phrase, a complete paragraph or even a picture, with the idea being to give you something to focus upon as you write.
This is a list of Writing Prompts from all over the world which are bound to inspire you and compel you to grab those pens and start writing.
1. You are Death but in a post-apocalyptic world. Only a few survivors remain, and you’re doing everything you can to help them because if the last human dies, you die as well. The survivors can’t see you, but they feel your presence and noticed your effort. They started to call you Life.
2. You asked a genie for the power to communicate with animals, and it was granted. However, no matter how much you try, it doesn’t seem to work. A few days later, Thanksgiving comes. Big roasted turkey on the table. At that moment you realize, It’s not living animals you have the power to communicate with…
3. You are God. The humans have somehow, some way, turned the earth flat and completely ruined everything, just for their beliefs. You must fix this. The one issue? It’s harder than it looks.
4. Dead men tell no tales, that’s how the saying goes. You, however, are the exception. After death, you continued to write stories, becoming the best selling author without ever revealing your situation to the public. One day, however, an extremely determined fan turns up at your door…
5. You’re about to test out your new time machine. You’re unsure if it works, but just before you step into it, an old man runs into your workshop, grabs your shoulder and asks you not to make the same mistake he did.
These are some of my favorite writing prompts. They seem mind-boggling to me. Let me know in the comment section if any of these prompts inspired you to pick up your pen and start writing.