She is a rapper that has been taking the music industry by storm these past couple of months but who is she?
All we’ve heard about Cardi B is that she is the voice behind the very popular song ‘Bodak Yellow’ which is currently being nominated for Grammy’s Best Rap Song category.
So today we have compiled introductory facts about Cardi B that you should know about. So let’s roll!
1) She was born on October 11, 1992 and her real name is Belcalis Almanzar.
2) She worked as an exotic dancer before entering the music world and became a very popular social media personality at the age of 23 mainly through Instagram.
3) Cardi B actually belongs to a mix race as her mother is Trinidadian and her father is Dominican.
4) She worked as a cast member for VH1’s Love and Hip Hop: New York before debuting with her single ‘Bodak Yellow’ in June 2017. The song managed to chart number 1 on Billboard Hot 100 and was named as anthem of the year.
5) Cardi B said that she worked as a stripper to escape poverty and domestic violence as she had been in an abusive relationship in the past.
6) She dropped out of college to pursue her career and ended up going viral on social media sites like Vine and Instagram. She has also become a fashion icon for many.
Ever since then she’s come a long way to become a popular singer in the States thanks to all that hard work. You go girl!
If you like this post then please don’t forget to like and share, because why keep all the fun? Comment below your thoughts and let us know what you think. Till then stay tuned to TMN for more such posts! Happy Reading!