India is a country where there is no lack of talents. From the ancient times, India has gifted innumerable assets to the world with their exceptional work. These countless contributions to the world by our country makes it one of the most respectful and lovable nations in the world. Starting from metals, foods, ornaments, mathematics, games, India has given them all to the world. Who can forget the great invention of “Zero’ by Aryabhatta? India also contributes to social, cultural and environmental heritage and benefits to the world. With that said, let’s take a glance on few of the less recognized inventions by India, which places it to a better place in the world arena.
These Are Few Less Known Inventions By India:
1. You would feel amazed to know that flush toilets using water came in the picture and was used during the Indus Valley Civilisation around third millennium B.C.
2. Pashmina fiber or Cashmere wool which has its origination from Kashmir are the first fibers to make shawls in third century B.C.
3. Dye has its invention from India and from here, it’s spread to other parts of the world such as to the Greeks and Romans.
Many people who use this product will thank our country.
4. Ornamental buttons also has its invention from India around 2000 B.C.
5. Crucible technique which produces the high quality of steel has its invention around 300 B.C. from our country. It’s a fact that around 500 B.C., the Wootz steel got its production first by Chera regime of India. It was then exported back to the Romans, Egyptians, Arabs, and Chinese and known as seric iron.
6. Ironworks also has its invention around 1800 B.C. from India. During the rule of Chandragupta II ( Around 375 – 413 A.D.), corrosion resistant iron got used to elevate the iron pillar of Delhi, which has held off the corrosion since 1,600 years.
7. Diamonds came in existence and mined from central India around 500 years ago.
8. Zinc got the first extraction from Zinc ore in India.
9. Movable structures and prefabricated homes got its invention first from India around 16th century-A.D.
10. The metal seamless globe was actually invented in Kashmir around 16th century A.D., though it got rediscovered again in 1980s. Earlier most of the metallurgists had the belief that you can’t manufacture a steel without the use of seam.
11. The metal cylinder rockets and iron-cased were first got invented in India during the regime of Tipu Sultan from Mysore, along with his father Haider Ali in 1780s.
After the defeat by the British government, these metal cylinder rockets was stolen by the Britishers, and this was the motivation to develop rockets for them. Also, Congreve rockets developed by them was inspired from this, and they used this during the Napoleon’s wars.
12. The word Shampoo is derived from the word Champi, which in turn is derived from the Sanskrit word Chapayati, which actually means knead or press. From the ancient times in India, a lot of herbs and their extracts were got utilization as Shampoo for washing hair and body. When Britishers and people returned back to Europe, they introduced the term Shampoo.
13. The game of Kabaddi has its invention around 1500 B.C. from our country. Since the evolution of the game, India has won three titles, and is the most successful team today.
14. The harbinger of chess also got its origination from India. The credit goes to the Gupta Dynasty. The synonyms for ‘chess’ in Old Persian and Arabic are Chatrang and Shatranj respectively.
15. This game is quite fascinating these days with its arrival on Google Play store. Ludo or ‘Pachisi’ in Hindi has its inventions from India around 6th century A.D., including a game of Snakes and Ladders.
16. Yoga the great way of relaxing mind and body has its invention from India.
17. Ayurveda and Siddha systems of medicine got its origination from India in the first millennium B.C. They are the oldest systems of medicine, which are still in practice.
18. Sugar has its invention from India during the Gupta dynasty in the 4th Century AD. The crystallization process got the introduction by Buddhist monks to China, and then the whole world grasps the technique.
19. The trigonometric functions sine and version has its invention from Indian astronomy. They got develop in the Siddhantas, astronomical treatises of the 3rd or 4th centuries AD. Later, the 6th Century astronomer Varahamihira discovered a few basic trigonometric formulas and identities, such as ‘sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1’.
20. Aryabhata first recognizes the force to explain why objects do not fall freely and continuously even when the earth rotates. Brahmagupta later gave an explanation for the gravity, and defines it as an attractive force and used the term ‘gruhtvaakarshan’ for gravity. Aryabhata developed a geocentric solar system of gravitation, and an eccentric elliptical model of the planets, where the planets spin on their axes and follow elliptical orbits, the sun and the moon revolving around the earth in epicycles.
So, here’s the list of few amazing and less known inventions and contributions from India to the world. Even ‘Pi’ is originated in India. Hope, you love to know and read them. Overall, we can say when it comes to inventions India is not behind any other country. Till then, keep reading and don’t forget to subscribe and share our page.