Mohenjo Daro is regarded as one of the ancient urban cities of the world that was built during the 26th century BCE. Recently, in 1921, a team of Archaeologists visited the lost city, and the digging work went on until 1964. We all have studied about this in the History during our school days. Interesting, wasn’t it?
So here are some more ancient Mohenjo Daro facts can help us make an attempt to know a little more about this mind blowing city.
1) The over 5,000 year old city’s name Mohenjo Daro is not its actual name. In fact, till date, nobody has decoded its original name.
2) The mode of transport during the Indus Valley Civilization was bullock carts and white horses. Archaeologists found a clay bullock cart in the city of Mohenjo Daro, which indicated that bullock carts were used as a mode of transport.
3) The type of attire the people of Indus Valley Civilization wore was somewhat similar to the people of Mesopotamian.
4) There are evidences that show people of Indus Valley Civilization were skilled in carving, pottery and jewel making.
5) There is archaeological no evidence saying that the city was ruled by a King, or a Queen, or a Politician.
6) Also, there are no arms or weapons found, which indicates that the people of Indus Valley Civilization were loved peace.
7) There is a belief that there was a trade exchange between the Indus Valley Civilization and the Mesopotamian Civilization.
8) The well-planned street grid of the Mohenjo Daro city has made the modern architects dumbstruck.
9) The city’s wastage disposal system has put our current waste management means to disgrace.
10) With the archaeological evidence like ‘the dancing girl’ statue, a guess has been formed that the ladies during the Indus Valley Civilization wore bangles from their upper arm. They also wore earrings, finger rings, necklaces and bracelets.