In today’s’ world of historical constructions and infrastructure advancements the world is getting hidden below the shadow of huge and astonishing structures. The days are not far and it’s possible that a revolution will take place in the infrastructure sector that will provide better and scintillating places to live for human beings. There are various hotels and residential skyscrapers around the world in front of which you will look like a dwarf. The lavish lifestyle and service that these skyscrapers provide would make you fall in love them and force you to make them visit again and again. These monuments are the example of unique workmanship and are enthralling to watch and live. Burj Khalifa or Khalifa Tower is a biggest mega tall skyscraper from Dubai and in the world. The design of Burj Khalifa is by Adrian Smith of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill company. The design got its derivation from an Islamic architecture of the Dubai pronounces as Great Mosque of Samarra. The Hollywood actor Tom Cruise got to the top of the Burj Khalifa for his movie Mission Impossible, in one of its scenes. With that much said, let’s traverse this mesmerizing and tallest creation from Dubai.
Burj Khalifa’s Few Astonishing Facts:
1. You can have a glimpse of Burj Khalifa from a 95 km of distance. This means you can give it a glance to this amazing creature from the nearby cities.
2. The quantity of aluminum that is used in the construction of Burj Khalifa is beyond imagination, and this much amount of aluminum can contribute to five A380 planes. If you don’t know, A380 is the largest commercial aircraft in use worldwide.
3. Apart from the tallest tower in the world, Burj Khalifa also holds the other six records in its name such as, tallest freestanding structure in the world, highest number of stories in the world, highest outdoor observation deck in the world, highest occupied floor in the world, elevator with longest travel distance in the world, and tallest service elevator in the world.
4. Burj Khalifa was originally known as Burj Dubai and got renamed in the honor of late UAE president,
5. It has 162 floors which cover around 309,473 m sq of the Burj Khalifa. It also has 37 office floors.
6. It has world’s second highest swimming pool at 76 level. It also has 144 Armani residences.
7. It has world’s second highest outdoor observation deck on 124 level at a height of 452 m. It also has 2909 stairs starting from ground floor to 160 level.
8. It’s completion took approximately six years including it’s construction to its opening. Burj Khalifa also has 900 apartments.
9. It also has the dining restaurant at 122 level at of about 442 m. Also, it can accommodate nearly 35,000 people’s at a time.
10. Burj Khalifa has a record 504 meters longest travel distance elevator in the world. It also has the daily water supply of around 946,000 liters through 100 km of pipes.
11. The exterior of Burj Khalifa consists of 26,000 individually cut glass panels. Talking about the cladding system that it has you will be surprised to know that around 300 cladding experts collaborated to make its cladding system in order to withstand the Dubai’s heating summer.
12. It’s so tall the that it takes some time for the sun rays to appear on the top floor of the tower. This creates a bit problem, especially during Ramadan.
13. Burj Khalifa has 3000 underground parking spaces. It also has 6 amazing water features.
14. Its design has the inspiration from the shape of Hymenocallis flower, which has long petals protruding out from its center.
15. It’s construction consumed more than 110,000 tons of concrete, 55,000 tons of steel rebar, and 22 million man-hours to complete the Burj Khalifa.
We have brought some astonishing and chilling facts about this world’s largest monument. Hope you have a good time reading them. Till then, keep reading and like and share our page.