Bear Grylls, whenever this name comes in front of us, something out of the moon thing strikes in our mind. An ex-army man who is living the life at his best. Exploring the nature and wildlife, and emerging victorious is something exceptional that he teaches us every time he comes up on screen. From his childhood day, he was very active in doing extravaganza things and always go along with his father for sailing and do climbing, since his father was a member of a prestigious Royal Yacht Squadron. After his schooling, he wanted to join Indian army, since he has a strong passion for climbing the Himalayas mountains. He is known as the human encyclopedia among people’s for his vast knowledge in the field of survival. Life is never an easy going thing, but this man surely deserves a thumbs up for his fighting spirits. He got a lot of fame around the world with his popular show Man Vs Wild on Discovery channel. After few critical life threatening ups and downs in his life, he never gave up, and now here he belongs into the world’s top adventurers list. Let’s explore few of his incredible facts from his life.
Let’s Go Through Some Of the Amazing Facts Of Bear Grylls:
1. His real name is, Edward Michael Grylls, Bear is the synonym given by his sister when he was just 3 weeks old. Not to mention, he has only one sibling named Lara.
2. When it comes to learning self-defense techniques, he loves it from childhood. He has a second dan black belt in Shotokan Karate. Shotokan is a special form of Karate by Japanese Martial Artists, Gichin Funakoshi and his son Gigo Funakoshi. In brief, he has a vast knowledge of almost everything.
3. He gave his services as a reservist for 21 SAS Regiment of Britan, for around 3 years. This additionally adds to his tally of more extravaganza things. To summarize, he is a multitalented guy.
4. Later on, in 1996 a moment came when performing SAS skydive his parachute got ripped apart at a height of about 16,000 ft, causing him to fall, and lose three of his vertebrae. On the whole, he is a great human being.
5. He is a born fighter as he climbed the Himalayas mountain just only after the 18 months of this brutal accident. His fighting spirit is the theme of his shows and his work ethics. He gives the credit of this spirit to his religion Christianity, which according to him gives him motivation.
6. He is very courageous and a moody guy, because once he rowed along the Thames River that too naked in a homemade bathtub to just raise some fund for his close friend, who lost his legs in a climbing calamity. In short, he is a good friend as well.
7. He holds the world record for the highest open-air formal dinner party under his belt, which was held in a hot air balloon at a height of around 7,600 m. In short, this guy can do anything.
8. He is prone to drinking his own urine, and also eats the hearts of dead animal. In one of his show, he even ate the raw testicles of a goat. After all, he has to survive in all conditions so this means to be done. On the whole, he can survive all conditions.
9. Bear Grylls is the first youngest British man to climb the Ama Dablam, which is the highest peak of Himalayas. The great mountaineer Sir Edmund Hillary adjudged this as the world’s unscalable peak. Ama Dablam has the title of one of the most extreme peaks on the earth.
10. Bear Grylls along with his five friends crossed the Atlantic Ocean in 2003, a rare feat to achieve. He faced few extreme hurdles during this adventurous voyage like icebergs and brutal climate changes. In short, he began from Halifax, Nova Scotia, and ended at John o’ Groats, Scotland.
11. He got an appointment as a chief scout by the scout association in 2009 at the age of 35. This title made him the first youngest person to hold this position and went on to become a truly deserving representative for millions of scouts around the world.
12. For a charity act, he has flown down a powered paraglider at a height of 8,000 meters. In conclusion, this is really an incredible feat and glances towards his humanitarian side. He is coupled with a good heart along with bravery.
13. During his climbing of Mountain Everest, he got a fall from 5,800 meters height above sea level, but his partner saved him who was climbing along with him. All in all, he has got various injuries but that can’t stop him. This uniquely isolates him from other human beings.
14. He is a prolific writer as well and has written 15 books out of one number one bestseller, Mud, Sweat, and Tears. He is not only a presenter, adventurer but also a charity man.
15. His show Man Vs Wild went on to become number one TV show in America with 1.2 billion viewers around the world spread in 200 countries. This uniquely sums up his huge popularity.
16. When it comes to eating and survival he can do anything. Bear Grylls has consumed raw frozen yak eyeballs, raw goat testicles, a live snake, maggots as big as a hand, camel intestine juice, pulsating with yellow pus, and a giant live spider as a part of his show.
17. You would be surprised to know his childhood TV series which he used to love were MacGyver and The A-team. This is altogether different than what he used to love now.
18. Like father like son saying completely suits to his son, as his son saved a drowning girl when he was just 7 years old. Overall, he is an inspiration for all the youths around the world.
Here we have got few scintillating facts about this man who is an inspiration for millions. We wish him a happy and healthier life ahead with more adventures to his name. Till then, happy reading and don’t forget to subscribe us.