With over 100 million followers on Instagram and Facebook, Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t need any introduction. Born in the year 1985, in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, Cristiano has won all the major trophies in his career. He is the highest earner footballer and athlete in the world. His father kept his name on his one of the favorite actor and 40th president of America, Ronald Reagan. His father was a gardener and a big drunkard and died in the year 2005 due to kidney problems. At the age of 18, he got a contract with Manchester United, which is the highest amount paid to a footballer at this age. His three goals in the 2004 FA Cup Final helps the team to secure the trophy. In the year 2009, he transferred to Real Madrid for a record fee of 131 million euros. He led his national team Portugal to win 2016 Euro Cup, finally earning an international trophy. He has won four Ballon d’Or in his supremely successful career.
Let’s See Some Fascinating Facts About Cristiano Ronaldo:
1. Ronaldo holds the record for the most numbers of goals in a single UEFA Champions League, in 2013-14.
2. He also has the record of fastest 200 goals in La Liga, which he achieved in 2014.
3. He is the only player in football history to score 50 goals in a season on more than 6 occasions.
4. He along with Zlatan Ibrahimovic are the only players to score in every minute of an official football game.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo’s freekick speed is approximately 130 km per hour, which is 31.1 meters per second, which is four times faster than Appolo 11’s rocket launching speed.
6. People might argue that Cristiano Ronaldo is slim, but he has only 10 percent body fat. If we compare this with a catwalk model, then it’s very low as they have 13.8 percent body fat.
7. You will be amazed to know that he generates five times more power than a cheetah when he takes a jump in a full flight, as compared to a Cheetah jump by Castrol analysis. This powerful speed allows him to achieve a height of 44 cm, which is more than a normal NBA player.
8. Very few people might know that this genius of football has undergone a heart surgery at the age of 15. This threatened his football career, but he fought back and his laser operation got successful, and the rest is history.
9. He is one of the most philanthropic people on the earth. Ronaldo does a lot of charity and at one such incident, he sold his golden boot in 2011 of worth 1.5 million euros to create schools in Gaza for children’s. He also paid for the treatment of a cancer patient of a 9-year-old kid.
10. Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Barcelona before moving to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon, but by that time Barcelona has already spent all the budget on other players buying and refused to sign him.
11. He is the only player to win more than one Fifa Club world Cup Silver Ball.
12. At the age of 14, He got to expel from his school after a clash with his teacher. Later on, he revealed that he didn’t like the school.
13. After the death of his father due to drinking and mother’s breast cancer he got demoralized and worked hard to come back from this. He never makes tattoo on his body because that will hinder him from blood donation that he regularly does. He also doesn’t drink and smokes.
14. Cristiano Ronaldo lifts around 23,055 kg of weight during his training session, which is of total 16 Toyota Prius cars.
15. When he was at the Sporting Lisbon he used to train with weights on his legs and keeps on dribbling with the ball. According to him that makes him more effective, efficient and improve his skills because without weights he can just be unstoppable.
16. Cristiano Ronaldo does 3,000 abs per day. He loves to be physically fit and has turned into a fierce force that can survive all. With this superlative fitness, he went on to beat professional sprinter of Spain Angel David Rodriguez in 100 m Zigzag course.
17. He was signed for 12 million euros at the age of 18 by Manchester United, which is still the record for a player of this age.
18. Ronaldo can also sprint more than 900 more than a normal Olympic Sprinter.
19. He is the first player to win Ballon d’Or and Champions League trophy with two different teams.
20. He is the only player to score against all the teams in La Liga, including his own team.
When you talk about Cristiano Ronaldo, the list is never ending. There are always arguments in media and legends who is the all-time best footballer till date between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both have achieved huge in the professional career and still going strong. With that note, we would like to end here. Till then, happy reading.