Goa plans are always made by us, whether they are actually executed or not doesn’t matter (yes group chats, we hate you) because we make these plans because lets be real, who doesn’t love Goa? It is a beautiful tropical holiday destination in India which is visited by millions on a yearly basis (both Indians and Non-Indians). However, there are just some facts that we never cared to know about this heavenly place. So today we got you a list of facts regarding Goa that will blow your mind. Lets roll!
1) There is a haunted church in Goa known as the Three Kings Church, the locals who visit this church have admitted to seeing spirits inside.
2) Goa is known a lot for its night life and we wouldn’t disagree because it has more than 7000 bars in the entire state.
3) It was a state ruled by the Portuguese before for 4 centuries before Indian military took over. Even today Goan people can actually apply for both Indian and Portuguese passports, though many people don’t know about this.
4) Goa is known to have established the first ever medical school in India in 1842 which eventually got demolished in 2004 in Panaji, Goa.
5) It is the smallest state in India but has a very high per-capita income compared to other states.
6) People in here practiced Christianity way before the Portuguese took over.
7) Goa has two official languages: Marathi and Konkani, out of which Konkani is written in 5 different scripts including Malyalam, Roman, Devnagiri, Kannad and Arabic
8) It is the place where Asia’s first printing press was installed. It was installed in st. Paul’s College in 1956.
So what did you think about these awesome facts? Did you know them or are you just finding out? Comment and let us know and don’t forget to like and share to spread the word!
Till then stay tuned to TMN for more such awesome Wandering Soul posts. Happy Reading!