Pasta, as we all know it today, is a delightful dish of Italian cuisine. We all love eating it and also experimenting with its flavours and sauces according to our will. Let us look at some fun facts about our sweetest and favourite dish.
1. The word “pasta” comes from the Italian for paste, meaning a combination of durum wheat semolina and water.
2. If Italians ate their average yearly amount of spaghetti, they would eat enough of it to wind around the earth 15,000 times.
3. According to the International Pasta Organization, there are more more than 600 different shapes produced throughout the world.
Oh my, there is an International Pasta Organization too.
4. Eating pasta makes you happy.
Eating this will make you happier! It’s true — the carbohydrates in it increase the body’s production of serotonin, the neurotransmitter that scientists believe trigger feelings of happiness and well-being.
5. Different Sauces Require Different Pastas
Not all of the varieties are meant to be enjoyed with all sauces.
- Long, flat pasta such as fettuccine and linguine are best paired with creamy sauces, which cling better to that particular shape.
- Thicker, chunkier tomato sauces go better with pasta sporting a short, tubular or spiral shape, like rotini and fusilli.
6. We Love It!
LOVE LIKE SHARE