There are so many things people, especially girls hear everyday on a daily basis. Sometimes we get tired of hearing them, but for Indian girls it’s just pure hell because our peers are always hot on our heels with these statements and questions. Here are a few things we hate and are tired of hearing from our peers.
1) Shaadi Kab Karogi? (When are you planning to get married?)
We think this sentence should be stamped on the foreheads of all the people who keep asking us this regularly, especially on events and family occasions because we now categorize them in that ‘shaadi kab karogi?’ people category. We get it, you want us to get married and we may or may not, its our choice. Chillax.
2) Career ke kuch plans hai ya shaadi karva de? (So do you have any plans for your career or should we get you married?)
When they think your career is going nowhere then they badger us with this question, as if getting married will make our lives any better. To all parents, aunts and uncles who keep asking us this: Please staph!
3) Ladko se dur rehna (Stay away from boys)
Boys are not aliens, its okay to have guy friends. Not every guy we talk to are our boyfriends and not every guy we know are going to assault us. Keep calm.
4) Don’t roam late at night, its dangerous.
Well it may be true to a certain extent we are still tired of hearing it. If you want us to follow this rule then make it applicable for the boys too! This is called basic gender equality.
5) Why are you wearing such clothes? Girls should dress decently!
Perverts and cat callers are going to trouble us whether we wear as short skirt or a turtle neck jumpsuit so let’s not judge our clothing shall we? (P.S: harassment MUST NOT be tolerated)
6) Khana banane aata hai? (Do you know how to cook?)
We can’t cook (well some of us can) but we have other talents that might make you proud. So let’s focus on those too? We know Indian girls are expected to be sati- savitris who can cook well but there’s more to life than the kitchen.
7) Your bra strap is showing, cover it.
Its a cloth, just like the ones we wear everyday to cover ourselves. Our bra is not going to cause World War 3 so calm down.
8) Don’t you think you should lose/gain weight?
Doesn’t matter if you lost/gained an inch or a ton, this is a question asked universally to make us more body conscious, so ignore.
9) Kisse phone pe baat kar rahi ho? (Who are you talking to on the phone?)
As we mentioned earlier, not every guy is our boyfriend!
The list is endless people! Comment and let us know what you think and don’t forget to like and share and spread the word!
Stay tuned to Tell Me Nothing for more such satirical post!
Image Source: Giphy