India is a country where cricket is not played…it is worshiped. When a cricket match happens then it doesn’t matter what state or city you come from because we all unite together to support our country as one. With the IPL season heating up, cricket fans have been going berserk in an attempt to support their favorite city or player. However sometimes their love for cricket can be overwhelming. So here are things that cricket lovers do that you can relate to if you are a cricket lover. Let’s roll!
1) Crashing friend’s place to watch the match.
Yeah, you have done it so many times that they now keep their place open to you all the time. Maybe you even have a key to their place for this purpose.
2) You clear you schedule for that one long awaited match don’t you?
No matter how busy you are, no matter what calamity takes place in the world you will definitely make sure that you keep your schedule clear to watch that match. Tsunami will destroy the world 10 times but that won’t affect you because your priority is that match (JK obviously we won’t survive tsunami!)
3) What is party if it doesn’t include talks about cricket players and matches?
Any party becomes a cricket party especially if you invite your fellow cricket lovers. Parties are meant to take a chill pill but you will convert it into a cricket club with all your cricket talks and confuse all the non-cricket lovers and eventually bore them.
4) You will spends thousands of rupees, even out of your savings to go watch a match live.
Admit it, you have borrowed and stole money just to get that one ticket to go and watch the match live with your friends. Even if it costs you thousands of rupees, but it doesn’t matter because cricket is worth all the hassle.
5) Bad words and obscenities have become your second language because that C*****a can’t even play properly!
We don’t even need to explain this. Just observe yourself during a match, you will realize that you turned into a gangster while watching the match.
6) Your love for cricket is so deep that you won’t think twice before betting thousands of rupees in bets.
A lot of people bet on their favorite players thinking that they’ll win, but karma knows how to troll us sometimes so better be safe than sorry people! after all you can buy more tickets for those thousands, think about it.
7) You have so much trust on your favorite player that you just know what to predict and what not to in a match.
You just become God because you know everything that will take place in the match. You know which player plays how and how the whole thing will take place because you can predict it all!
8) You pre-plan special meets to watch a match.
You have a group of friends which are also cricket lovers to engage you in such plans. They become more like family than friends.
9) You know every player’s stats and how he performed in other matches.
So you know all the stats of every player and how he played the match and when and with whom and blah blah all the technical details because you are an avid cricket lover.
10) You either bless or roast God during serious situations.
Trust me if you don’t believe in God then you will start believing in one during a match, especially when your favorite team is losing. You start praying, begging and even roasting God to turn the tables but there’s no bargaining with fate.
Image Source: Giphy
So are you a cricket lover? Comment and let us know if you related to this article.
Till then stay tuned to TMN for your daily dose of nothingness!