Its summer vacation time and half the country is bouncing with excitement for their trips! (The other half is crying in the corner because they don’t have any trips planned, like me). India has various tourist destinations that are to die for but no one can beat the beauty of Manali. This beautiful and heavenly destination never fails to give us majestic feelings! The richness of nature and cool weather in the Indian summer is what we crave. But there are various facts about Manali that no one cares to know, ya know because everyone is busy enjoying their trips. So here we bring you 10 facts about Manali that no one cares to know. Lets roll!
1) Manali is a high-altitude Himalayan resort town in India’s northern Himachal Pradesh state. It has a reputation as a backpacking center and honeymoon destination.
2) Manali was named after a Hindu sage called Manu who, during floods made a raft and saved many animals and brought them to this beautiful place.
3) Manali is a combo of three adjacent hills which has its own dominating temple. The three temple regions are:Old Manali (Manu Temple), Vashishtha (Vashishtha Temple) and Dhungri (Hadimba Temple)
4) The best time to visit Manali is between May to October to experience its beauty in all its glory. Those who crave adventure can plan a trekking spree and activities during winter for best experience. Especially for ice skiing.
5) When Europeans discovered this region, they started visiting this place for different nationalities and stayed to learn yoga, married locals and started their own cafes.
6) Goddess Hadimba is actually a demon. Hadimba was Bhima’s wife when he was exiled in the forest, and bore him a demon son, Ghatotkacha. Also the Hadimba Temple is 400 years old!
7) The Rothang Pass opens only between June and October .
8) Manali is one place where flowers bloom in all their glory, you will be able to see different species of fruits and flowers especially roses everywhere. Infact even the wild flowers growing there give the place a beautiful aesthetic.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share and spread the word and we will keep posting more such awesome stuff!