The Godfather(1972) by Francis Ford Coppola is undoubtedly one of the best movies of all time. It has left a legacy of it’s own and till date has a massive fan following for the epic portrayal of Don Corleone played by Marlon Brando. Here are some interesting facts about the movie that you might not have known.
1. Although the movie is a mafia movie, the word “Mafia” was not even used in any single dialogue in the movie
2. In every death scene there are oranges present in the scene
3. Al Pacino got the role of Michael Corleone only because of Francis Ford Coppola. The studio, however, wanted either Robert Redford or Ryan O’Neal to play the role
4. The famous cat seen in the opening scene with Marlon Brando was a stray cat
5. Paramount executive Robert Evans was strongly opposing the decision of getting Marlon Brando on board to play Vito Corleone
6. James Caan, who played the role of Sonny, had over 127 pouches of fake blood in his suit to shoot for the death scene
7. The horse head was real and the actor who played the role of Jack Woltz was unaware when he woke up to find a dead horse head. His expressions filmed were not staged, they were real
8. Robert De Niro auditioned for the role of Sonny Corleone
9. The wedding scene in The Godfather was shot freely by letting the actors act out and improvise on the go
10. The studio also wanted to scrap the iconic puppet strings logo of the film
Do you like The Godfather movie? If yes then share this right away. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more such posts and you can also download our app to stay updated: Tell Me Nothing
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.