India is a country where people worship fair skin, a clear, fair complexion is much sough after in a country which is basically a color palette of skin tones. However we go to huge lengths to maintain or gain a fair complexion to look attractive. One such method if avoiding skin darkening is avoiding the sun. Here are the various lengths people go to avoid sun tan and dark skin.
Ways to avoid sun tan:
1) They basically become a terrorist.
2) Avoiding dark skin is the reason why fairness creams exists.
3) Finding shade becomes a treasure hunt.
4) Sun screen becomes our best friend during summer.
5) Never leaving the house during noon becomes a norm.
6) Doesn’t matter what season it is, we always wear covering clothes.
7) We also get to see some aunties carrying an umbrella around even if its not monsoon.
8) All those D.I.Y face masks to remove tan on YouTube finally seem relevant.
P.S: This article is a parody on the lengths people go to avoid sun tan and dark skin, its meant to be for fun.
So we basically become a vampire that is hiding from the bright world. Why do we do this? Is having a fair skin is really worth the effort? Won’t this hierarchy of skin tone only bring more colourism and insecurity among people? Ever year these fairness creams earn billions off peoples insecurity, let’s just stop discriminating and be proud of our skin tone whichever it is. So let’s stop avoiding the sun and get some much needed vitamin D though it is advisable to avoid sun burn and take care of our skin to main a clean, healthy and glowing complexion (whichever it is)
Well we hope you enjoyed and related to this post, if you did then don’t forget to like and share and spread the word!