Facebook has been dominating the social media space and has turned its founder Mark Zuckerberg into one of the richest people in the world. Here are some interesting facts about the social media giant.
1. Facebook is looking at the next 10 years to cause a massive technology shift in the world and be the leaders in tech space
2. They are focusing extensively on the future by working on future technologies like VR and AR
3. In the recent F8 conference, Mark Zuckerberg demonstrated the enormous possibilities of AR and it is also predicted that in a few years Facebook will develop hardware which will replace most of the traditional equipments
4. They are working on glasses that can replace your good old television. Mark Zuckerberg was quoted saying, “We don’t need a physical TV. We can buy a $1 app ‘TV’ and put it on the wall and watch it”
5. Facebook was founded in 2004
6. They own majority of social media and communication networks including Whatsapp, Instagram as well as many other companies like Oculus and more
7. They filed for an IPO in 2012 and the company went public in the same year in the month of May, 2012
8. During it’s IPO it was valued over $104 billion which was the highest valuation for any new company
9. They rejected buyout offers from Google and Yahoo!
10. Microsoft has a stake in Facebook
If you liked this post then definitely share it on your social media accounts. Hope you enjoyed reading this. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more such posts and you can also download our app to stay updated: Tell Me Nothing. Till then, happy reading. Take care!