The Shawshank Redemption has been one of the best films ever made. It has consistently ranked in the top 250 list of movies on IMDB on number 1 position. Here are some interesting facts about the movie that you probably don’t know yet.
1. Ohio State Reformatory, also known as the Mansfield Reformatory, served as the fictional Shawshank prison
2. The title of the movie was changed to “Walls Of Hope” in Israel
3. Initially the role of Andy Dufresne was offered to Tom Hanks who had to refuse it because of he had already made commitment to film Forrest Gump at the time
4. In Taiwan the movie was titled “1995: Fantastic“
5. Morgan Freeman’s son’s photo was used as a mugshot of young Red in The Shawshank Redemption
6. The title of this movie in Finland was “Rita Hayworth – The Key To Escape“
7. Red’s cell number and the cursed hotel room in the movie “The Shining” are both 237.
8. Brad Pitt was the first choice for the role of Tommy Williams
9. A song composed by Mozart titled “Canzonetta sull’aria” was played by Andy through the prison’s loudspeakers
10. The film was an adaptation from the Stephen King short story “Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption”
So these are some interesting facts about the movie “The Shawshank Redemption”. If you liked this then share this with your movie buff friends. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more such posts and you can also download our app to stay updated: Tell Me Nothing