Kolkata Knight Riders is known for their glamour and star power that SRK brings to them. Here are some interesting facts about KKR.
1. In the first season of IPL, even after losing the tournament the team was the most profitable
2. The team was valued at $86 million which is way more higher valuation than any other IPL team
3. Kolkata Knight Riders have won the IPL tournament two times, once in 2012 and once in 2014
4. They won 10 consecutive matches in 2014-2015
5. They hold the record for largest victory by defeating Royal Challengers Bangalore by 140 runs in their very first match of IPL in the first season
6. The owner of KKR, Shah Rukh Khan was banned from entering the team’s dressing rooms during IPL matches
7. Shah Rukh Khan was also banned from Wankhede Stadium after a spat with the stadium officials during IPL
8. Initially the team’s colors were black and gold which were later on changed to purple and gold
9. Manish Malhotra designed the kit of Kolkata Knight Riders
10. Their official chant is “Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo” which translates to We Will Do, We Will Fight, We Will Fight.