Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel has been in the news recently for all the wrong reasons. His alleged remark on India being a poor country has drawn a lot of hatred towards his app as millions of Indians have uninstalled the app and rated it 1 star. But how much do we know about him anyway? Here are some interesting facts about Evan Spiegel.
1. Snapchat CEO left Stanford University in 2012 to focus full time on building the app
2. His alleged statement Snapchat is “only for rich people” and that he does not “want to expand into poor countries like India and Spain” gained him a lot of negative publicity
3. In May 2014 he also publicly apologized for a set of private leaked mails which were made public. These mails contained some rude remarks towards women.
4. He is engaged to Miranda Kerr
5. As of April, 2017 he has a net worth of $4.6 billion
6. He is the youngest billionaire in the world
7. He worked as a paid intern in biomedical company during his student years and an unpaid internship at Red Bull
8. Evan Spiegel refused a $3 billion buyout offer from Facebook
9. He along with his partner Murphy own over 70% of stock in Snapchat
10. Before entering Stanford Spiegel took design classes at the Otis College of Art and Design while still in high school and at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.