Mumbai Indians have been wildly popular and successful in their IPL career. The Mukesh Ambani owned team have seen their fair share of wins and losses. Here are some interesting facts about Mumbai Indians team which are a must know for any fan of the franchise.
1. Mumbai Indians have won two IPL tournaments, one in 2013 and one in 2015
2. They have also won two Champions League T20 in 2011 and 2013
3. The logo of the team is the Sudarshan Chakra (or Razor) as initially the name of the team was supposed to be “Mumbai Razors” before Sachin Tendulkar suggested to keep it Mumbai Indians.
4. After every boundary or a wicket by the team, a fan-made music titled “Akkha Mumbai Khelega” is always played by the stadium disc jockey.
5. Adidas was their kit manufacturer from 2008 to 2014 which was later on replaced by Reliance’s in-house brand Performax
6. The franchise was sold to Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries for over $112 million making them the most expensive IPL team
7. Home ground for Mumbai Indians is the Wankhede Stadium
8. They won their first IPL championship title by defeating Chennai Super Kings
9. They have the highest viewership of over 240 million viewers
10. Harbhajan Singh was suspended in 2008 for reportedly slapping Sreesanth during Mumbai Indians versus Kings XI Punjab
Are you a fan of this team? Share this post with your friends and support Mumbai Indians. We hope you enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for reading, enjoy the season of IPL and have fun. Ab akkha Mumbai Khelega!