GTA Vice City has been one of the most popular games in the Grand Theft Auto Universe. Here are some interesting facts about the game that many fans might not know.
1. GTA Vice City is loosely based on the movie Scarface. The Diaz mansion has striking resemblance to that of Tony Montana’s mansion from the movie
2. The voice of Tommy Vercetti, game’s protagonist, was given by Ray Liotta
3. It is possible to complete the entire game in just 57 minutes
4. There are over 8,000 lines of recorded dialogues which is 4 times that in it’s predecessor Grand Theft Auto III
5. Till date the game has sold over 20 million copies worldwide
6. There is a model and texture file in game files for a silenced Colt m1911 on the PS2 disc. However, this is never used in the game.
7. In the mission “Autocide”, in which Tommy must kill undercover members of a European gang, all of the targets are named after characters in rival sandbox games.
8. An entire character was deleted named Mr. Moffat. The conversation between Tommy and Moffat, however, can be found in the game’s files
9. Most of the game is based on cult films, for example, Ken Rosenberg’s character is based on Sean Penn’s character Dave Kleinfeld from the 1993 movie Carlito’s Way. If you watch the movie you can clearly tell the similarities.
10. In earlier versions of the game, Umberto Robina’s “Trojan Voodoo” mission’s intro cutscene features dialogue mentioning the word “Haitians”. However, in 3.0 release this was modified to remove any mentions of the word “Haitian” to avoid any controversies
If you are a GTA Vice City fan then share this post with your friends. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more such posts and you can also download our app to stay updated: Tell Me Nothing