Ever read a book and for a couple of days, you were not able to come out of it? Ever tried reading an author’s mind? Well, I have been in both of the situations. We had an interaction with the best selling author, significantly known for his thriller-romantic novels. You got it right. Its none other than Novoneel Chakraborty. He has written 8 novels till date and all of them have triumphed to be on the best selling list. “The Stranger Trilogy” author gets candid with us about his journey, love for writing and more. Find out below what he has to say:
1. So, Mr. Novoneel Chakraborty, tell us something about yourself that the world is unaware of?
I am an animalistic human by nature. I think the word has said enough about me.
2. What have you done professionally? – Novoneel Chakraborty
I have pursued my BBA. Before I could become a full-time writer, I was interning with an MNC. I couldn’t last for more than 3 months.
3. How did you get into writing? – Novoneel Chakraborty
To be honest, I never had my life figured out. I was not at all interested into writing when I was a kid. My grand father and my father, both were professionally into writing. It was when after my BBA, I started writing. Not professionally, though. I started blogging and posting my write-ups and short stories on social media, where I got an amazing response. That motivated me to write more and here I am.
4. How supportive was your family with regards to you choosing writing as your full-time career? – Novoneel Chakraborty
My family always was total in support. Especially my father. When I told him about my plan to become a writer, he had extreme faith in me. When he was of my age, he wanted to become a writer too. But due to some unfortunate reasons, he couldn’t. So, even till date, they are my biggest pillar of support. You know, it runs in our genes.
5. Was thriller your forte since the beginning? – Novoneel Chakraborty
I think so. The time the I used to blog, I used to write thriller stories, for which I got an amazing response and many of my readers could relate to it. That is what motivates me to go ahead in the same genre. I think, not everyone can write a thriller story without being obvious. I have developed and I still am developing the skills for the same by writing and reading more and more.
6. In your recent book “Black Suits You“, you’ve mentioned multiple times that “Write A Story That You’ve Lived.” How much of the stories have you lived through? – Novoneel Chakraborty
As everybody knows that my genre is fiction, I have lived only a few stories that I have written.
7. Who has been your motivation behind writing such bold characters and situations? – Novoneel Chakraborty
Well, everybody says their books are their babies. But I think my books are my ladies. All my characters are inspired and influenced by some strong and commendable ladies that I’ve met in my life. They have somewhere left an impact on me and my life in such a way that I just couldn’t resist mentioning them in my books. A big big thank you to all of them.
8. In this competitive market where everybody opts to become writer, what do you think is your Unique Selling Point? : Novoneel Chakraborty
I think my USP is my genre and my style of writing. I have come across many people who say that they can literally relate to my writing. To make a second person relate to you through your writings is one task. You need to understand your own USP rather than copying someone else’s style and thoughts. Every second person claims himself to be a writer, but its not an easy task.
9. Have you ever been in depression when any of your books have not performed upto your expectations? : Novoneel Chakraborty
Honestly, yes. When “How About A Sin Tonight” was released, it did not get a response the way I was expecting. That was a life changing book for me and I was slightly into depression for that reason. Having said that, the depression helped me bounce back and come up with another set of amazing books.
10. Do you think anybody can write? : Novoneel Chakraborty
Well, people are self-proclaimed writers. What they fail to understand is, by copying someone’s thoughts or quotes will never make you a writer. Also, being a writer is not an easy job. It is as difficult as any other professions. It requires a lot of mental exercise. We certainly are not someone who would carry a bag and a book, sit in any random coffee shop and write on any random topic.
11. Along with being an author, you also screen write for television. How did that happen? : Novoneel Chakraborty
The first screen writing opportunity was offered to me. For some, I approached the directors or producers.
12. A tip for the one who is dating a writer? : Novoneel Chakraborty
Be patient, understanding and do not give up on them.
13. A quality one must have to date you? : Novoneel Chakraborty
Transparency. I think that is sexy.
14. Who is your favourite writer? : Novoneel Chakraborty
I have a list of favourite writers, but the one who tops it would be Ayn Rand.
15. One book that you can read anytime? :Novoneel Chakraborty
‘It Rained All Night‘ by Buddhadev Basu.
16. Whom are you reading currently? : Novoneel Chakraborty
I just finished reading ‘Silver’ from one of my favourite authors, Ira Levin. I’m currently in a phase of going through more books to read.
17. Which is one of your books that is very dear to your heart? : Novoneel Chakraborty
18. Any message for budding writers? – Novoneel Chakraborty
Write what you’ve lived, be inspired but do not copy and keep it simple.
19. Any crazy fan story you’d like to share?
I have been kissed on my cheek and a girl has proposed to me in one of my book launches. A girl stalked me in three different cities for my book launch of ‘Black Suits You‘
20. Any message for the viewers of Tell Me Nothing?
Thank you for all the immense love, support and faith that you have in me. And my new book will be releasing soon.
Have a look at a wonderful time our Director Shweta Shah had with Mr. Best Selling Author, Novoneel Chakraborty
We are sure you love our page. Do like and share the same.
Till then, Happy Reading 🙂
If you like our website then don’t forget to spread the word! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more! Have a nice day and enjoy!
You may also like: