You are here
Home > Big Screen > 16 interesting facts about Dhanush

16 interesting facts about Dhanush

Dhanush has a fan following in millions. Here are 16 interesting facts about the south Indian heaththrob that every die hard lover of Dhanush MUST know!

1. Dhanush real name is Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raj

Dhanush

Did you know his full name?

2. He is a pure vegetarian.

Dhanush

Dhanush only eats veg food

3. Dhanush acted for the very first time at the age 16 in a movie directed by his father

Image Credits: YouTube
Image Credits: YouTube

Name of the movie was “Thulluvadho Ilamai”

4. He can not speak good Hindi

Image Credits: NDTV.com
Image Credits: NDTV.com

Since he is from South India he cannot speak good Hindi but he still acted in Bollywood movies!

5. He is fan of FC Barcelona

Image Credits: YouTube
Image Credits: YouTube

FC Barcelona fans rejoice! 😀

6. Dhanush married his wife (Aishwarya) when he was 21 years old.

Image Credits: Bollywood Color
Image Credits: Bollywood Color

How sweet they look together, right?

7. His wife is 2 years elder than him.

Image Credits: itimes.com
Image Credits: itimes.com

Love has no age boundaries

8. Dhanush failed in his class 12 exams.

Image Credits: Movie News
Image Credits: Movie News

Doesn’t matter for his success now anyway

9. Usually he takes only one day for the dubbing for his movies.

Image Credits: YouTube
Image Credits: YouTube

Genius, isn’t he?

10.  He is first South Indian actor who reached 4M followers in twitter.

dhanush_twitter

Famous on Twitter too!

11. He is youngest hero who got The National Award.

Image Credits: DailyVedas
Image Credits: DailyVedas

Well deserving too!

12.  He has won 3 national film awards, 7 filmfare awards as Actor, singer and producer.

Image Credits: International Business Times
Image Credits: International Business Times

Such a versatile actor!

13.  Dhanush supports Jallikattu.

Image Credits: YouTube
Image Credits: YouTube

He supports the controversial sport

14. His song “Why This Kolaveri Di” was the first Indian video song to cross  100 milions view on YouTube.

Image Credits: NDTV.com
Image Credits: NDTV.com

Awesome, right?

15. “Kolaveri Di” was written within 6 minutes by him.

Image Credits: News18
Image Credits: News18

Super fast Dhanush!

16. He won the India’s Hottest Vegetarian award in 2011

Image Credits: The Indian Express
Image Credits: The Indian Express

This is so cool!

99% of his haters loves his movies, and the rest 1% lie… 😀 😀 

So if you like this article then make sure you like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.

Leave a Reply

Top