“The greatest Gift is a passion for Reading” Said Elizabeth Hardwick and I so agree to her. Reading takes you places and helps you live in a different world. Once you get addicted to it, you won’t be able to live without it. All those who have a knack of reading and love it should join me to thank all the great writers because of whom we are able to have some great stuff to read. Below mentioned is a list of few great writers and few of their quotes which reflect the intellectual they were.
1) William Shakespeare: An English poet, playwright, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world’s pre-eminent dramatist. He gave us many intriguing quotations few of them being “We Know what we are, but know not what we may be.”, “It is not in our stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. “ and one of my personal favorite being “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. ”
2) Agatha Christie: Her full name was Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie, was an English crime novelist, short story writer and playwright. She gave us some very wise quotes like “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.” “Very few of us are what we seem.” “Good Advice is always certain to be ignored, but that’s no reason not to give it.”
3) Sidney Sheldon: He was an American writer and producer. He came to prominence in the 1930s, first working on Broadway plays and then in motion pictures, notably writing the successful comedy, Quite opposite to the novels he wrote. Few of his brilliant quotes are “Don’t give up. There are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. Don’t listen to them. The only one who can make you give up is yourself.” His take on creativity is “There’s this sense of excitement because you invent and control the characters. You decide whether they will live or die. I find this type of creative process tremendously stimulating.” “Try to leave the Earth a better place than when you arrived.”
4) J.K.Rowling: Joanne “JO” Rowling, is a British novelist, screenwriter and film producer best known as the author of the Harry Potter series. Her journey in itself is quite inspiring and motivating, she is one courageous lady whom we always look forward to and her wisdom is visible through her quotes “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” Now, those are some wisdom quotes coming from a living winner.
5) C.S.Lewis: He is another prolific writer and the last in this list. His excellent work includes science fiction “Space Trilogy” for adults and the “Narnia” Fantasies for children. A few of his wisdom quotes are “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” “The task of modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.”
It’s splendid to see how their quotes apply so well in the present day scenario as well. These quotations prove to be big motivators and provides one with all the knowledge one can think of. I am thankful to all of them as well as to many more whom I have not included in the list. It’s because of them I have got the pleasure to read some great stuff and I hope to read more. Keep reading, keep enjoying and if you liked this article do share and subscribe.